Should Christian Kids Celebrate Halloween

Hey, I'm a pastor and when I was a kid I went trick or treating. I remember being Casper the Friendly Ghost. I didn't do me any harm, and I got a lot of really cool candy (as Bart Simpson would say).

I like Thanksgiving and I enjoy the niceties of Christmas. I'm not a prude. Halloween is fun for little kids. Kids love to pretend, and it's fun to wear costumes and fun to get candy.

Of course, if I had a teenager and I found some occult things, they would be in the garbage can. I think you have to have common sense. Just as there is a big difference between a little kids playing cowboys and pretending to shoot bad guys vs. a teenager playing with disgusting violent video games. There is a big difference between a little kid dressing up like a fairy princess and a twenty year old messing around with occult things.

Halloween is just a fun thing and I don't think we should USE our kids to make a statement. The way Halloween is now, it is more like people wearing the jacket and cap of their favorite team on Superbowl Sunday. Let them have fun.

But nowadays, parents, you have to go with them to a party or trick or treating. Repeat, you have to go with them.

So have fun but be careful. Be with your kids. Be involved. Safety first. Never leave your kids with strangers. 


Popular posts from this blog

My Child Will Not Do Her Homework

So You Want to Study Geometry