Should I Send My Child to Day Care and Pre School?



A. No. When my child was small (he's in college now) we never left him with a baby sitter either. One of us was there at all times.

Q. But what about socialization skills?

A. He socialized with us and with people of all ages. We also got involved with the local home school crowd and found zillions of fun and learning activities to take him to. It was great fun.


Read the following poem


A Parent's Sad Recollection
by anonymous

My daughter cried every day.
The first few times I sent her away.
.
Mommy, can't I please stay with you?
No, you must go off to school.
.

But some kids get to have school at home.
Quiet. Can't you see I'm on the phone?


Besides, your pre school teacher said you don't always do what you are told.
Don't make me punish and scold.

But Mommy, Einstein didn't like school
and they called him a fool.

He was the exception.
But you are the rule.

But Mommy, I was in class all day and the sun is out.

Do your homework or I will scream and shout.
.
Stop making trouble for me
I'm busy, can't you see.
.
I'll be glad when I can put you in after-school every day.
I'm sick and tired of you always asking me to play.

***************************

My daughter, I am old
With not too long to live I'm told.
Could you take just a few minutes to sit with me?
I'm as lonely as can be.

Sorry, Mom. I don't have time to stay.
I took some work home today.


Oh, by the way,
we're taking you to the senior home to stay.

But I so enjoy being home with you

Sorry Mom, but I'm just soooo busy at work, and taking classes too.

************

Son, remember when you wanted to play golf with me?
Who would have thought it would take 50 years for it to be?
.
It would make me feel good
If you could. . . . . if you would . .
Just play a little golf with me.


I feel so cold and a little old.

Sorry, Dad, you know I would.
But my boss says I need to work,
and I always do what I'm told.

Parents, here is my fervent plea

I beg of you, don't be like me.

Life's golden moments come but once.

Here today and gone tomorrow.

Miss one and it's gone forever.


Quoted with permission of the author, all rights reserved


Popular posts from this blog

My Child Will Not Do Her Homework

So You Want to Study Geometry